Resincoat epoxy flake system allows you to create a completely bespoke epoxy floor. Offering all the advantages of our best-selling epoxy floor coating this system also has the added attraction of unique, decorative flakes. The flakes create a smooth appearance that is easy to clean with industrial strength ideal for heavy foot and vehicle traffic.
Warning: Last items in stock!
The epoxy flake systems is a strong industrial coating providing high levels of durability ideal for both domestic & industrial use. The flooring would look great in any garage floor, showroom, gym and any other industrial space. Our system makes concrete floors look highly attractive whilst also providing a high quality finish. The base and top coat consist of our best-selling epoxy floor coating proudly manufactured in the UK.
There are two main flakes finishes; full blind & scatter.
Full Blind- complete covering of flakes across the entire surface.
Scatter – a scattering of flakes across your surface.
Both finishes boast an incredibly durable finish and can withstand heavy foot and vehicle traffic. There are infinite options with the flake finishes; choose your epoxy base coating and then get creative with your epoxy flake colours to create an attractive finish. Please call our team on 0113 827 2387 for help choosing your flakes.
• Base coat – Epoxy floor paint (enough for 1 coat – your choice of colour)
• Enough flakes for either a full blind or scatter finish (your choice of colours)
• Top coat – Clear epoxy floor paint
Before applying the flake system we advise that you vacuum the area. Old paint finishes should be removed if flaking at all and if well bonded abraded sanded to create texture prior to applying the paint. Preparing the floor mechanically (shot blasting or grinding) is always advisable but if that is not possible our Etch and Clean is a good alternative.
See below for the best primer for your floor:
• For new concrete floors prime with Resincoat Damp Tolerant Primer
• For dusty or old floors prime with Resincoat Deep Penetrating Primer
• For weak concrete floors prime with Resincoat Stabilising Primer
• For greasy floors with oil residue clean thoroughly scraping off any dust or dirt and prime with Resincoat Oil Tolerant Primer
• Begin with your base coat – pour 100% part B tin in to your part A
• Mix base coat resin components together with a drill & paddle for 1 minute
• Pour contents in to a paint scuttle
• Immediately begin painting your floor using an epoxy roller
• Apply flakes when the paint is still wet
• Depending upon required finish either sprinkle ad hoc or full blind
• Brush off excess flakes
• Seal with clear top coat – pour 100% part B tin in to your part A
• Mix resin top coat components together with a drill & paddle for 1 minute
• Pour content in to a paint scuttle
• Begin painting your flake floor using an epoxy roller
• Leave for 24 hours to fully cure
Please note: This product is NOT UV stable therefore will discolour when exposed to sunlight. Please coat with Resincoat UVR coating for a UV stable finish.