Brown & bronze pigments are currently out of stock - we hope to have these back in soon.
Resincoat Metallic Epoxy is a three component, high performance concrete floor coating system. This paint can create amazing marble effect floors and highly attractive metallic surfaces. With a vast range of colours you can create striking unique designs. Easy to install the finish can be achieved by any user no matter their experience.
Warning: Last items in stock!
|Size||10m², 20m² or 30m² (Larger sizes can be arranged on quotation)|
|Primer Required||Yes (Supplied in kit)|
|Appearance||Marble-effect, metalic finish|
|Product Name||Metallic Epoxy Resin Floor Coating Kit|
|Thickness||600-800 microns per thick single coat|
|Substrates||Concrete, wood, cement based floors and more|
|Drying Time||8-12 hours per coat|
|Technical Data||UV Stable|
|Applications||Entrance ways, showrooms, hotel lobbies, home use, function rooms & event flooring|
Our metallic epoxy surface coating kit has been specially formulated by our chemists allowing you to create stunning decorative surfaces. The beauty of metallic is that it offers infinite opportunities to create a unique colour combination that would blend seamlessly into your existing home or commercial setting. Our 2 colour options allow you to mix and combine any colour combination to create beautiful marble effects with each finish being truly unique. The smooth high gloss finish exudes style and is also extremely easy to clean and maintain.
Easy to install the metallic coating kit can be applied using standard DIY techniques along with our expert guidance saving you time and money. Any surface that is stable and has a porous surface can be transformed including wood, concrete, plastic and more (surface has to be perfectly smooth no tiles or grouts, joints can be visible). Metallic systems are great for creating eye catching floors and can also be used to transform worktops, outdoor planters and other surfaces into a striking focal point. These systems are incredibly durable making them ideal for heavy traffic in commercial settings such as restaurants, nightclubs, showrooms and workshops.
This kit includes per 10m2:
• 2 x 2.5kg Resincoat Metallic Base Coat in complimentary colour
• 2 x 4kg Resincoat Clear Epoxy
• 2 x 100g Resincoat Metallic Pigment
• 1 x 2.5kg polyurethane UVR Top Coat
Before applying our metallic coating ensure floor is perfectly smooth, screening if necessary. We advise that you vacuum the area. Old paint finishes should be removed if flaking at all and if well bonded abraded sanded to create texture prior to applying the paint. Preparing the floor mechanically (shot blasting or grinding) is always advisable. We also recommend you wipe the surface with white spirit to ensure good adhesion.
Before applying our coating concrete must be:
• Dry – no wet areas
• Clean and dust free– containments removed
• Smooth but open - surface etched
• Structurally sound – all cracks and damages repaired
We advise when applying this product the ambient temperature is at least 7 degrees ensuring there will be no precipitation in the area for a 12 hour period following application
1. Apply Resincoat base coat to the surface using a roller working your way out of the room
2. Leave up to 24 hours to fully cure
3. The metallic pigment and part A come premixed but pigment may settle, mix part A slowly but thoroughly and leave to stand 10min before slowly adding part B for colour 1
4. Pour content completely across your floor in a decorative pattern (be sure to hold the bucket low to the floor to avoid any splashing)
5. Repeat step 3 for colour 2 and pour your second colour completely across your floor in a decorative pattern
6. Use a roller and squeegee to create your pattern evenly distributing the product across your floor *Please note this is not the only way to apply, please call our technical team for advice on other techniques
7. Cure for 24 hours or when not tacky to touch
8. Apply Resincoat polyurethane UVR top coat with a roller
Please note: you may wish to further sand down in between coats for the ultra-smooth finish. Please refer to the datasheet for additional advice on application.
For more information on colour options or technical detail we recommend calling us on 0113 827 2387 or using our live chat.