This liquid rubber waterproof repair product can successfully seal gaps between roofing sheets or small holes around skylights, chimneys and other roof accessories. This highly advanced system provides a fully bonded repair with excellent insulating properties providing a completely seamless waterproof finish. Ideal for emergency flat roof repairs or general maintenance this liquid rubber is great for repairing leaks or cracks on any flat roof. A single layer application can successfully repair your flat roof boasting a highly durable long lasting finish.
Its liquid consistency makes it extremely easy to work with ideal for both DIY and industrial users. The product is extremely flexible and can be used on both horizontal and vertical surfaces. The coating will reach every crack no matter how large or small and offers a black appearance when dry. The movement of the roof through expansion, contraction and vibration will not affect the integrity of this product. The ability to stretch to 1000% of its original mass and its cold liquid application by brush, roller or Spray make this item the leader in its field. Resincoat liquid rubber is UV stable therefore can be used outdoors without the worry of fading or discolouring.
- 12 x Resincoat Liquid Rubber Waterproof Coating 5L
- 1 x 50m Resincoat Geotextile Tape
- 1 x Roller Frame
- 1 x Paint Scuttle
- 1 x Mixing Paddle
- 1 x Roller Sleeves
- 2 x Paint Brushes
- 1 x Disposable Gloves
Please see below for coverage rates. If you are coating a large area and would like expert advice, please call our team who will be happy to assist you.
1 Litre: 1m²
Please note: the above coverage rates are per coat and, whilst Resincoat Liquid Rubber Waterproof Coating should require only one coat, it is dependant on the porosity of the surface.
Before application of this product, thoroughly clean the surface of the roof to ensure that it is completely free from dust, dirt, oils, surface flaking, poorly bonded or glossy paint, sealers, varnishes, salts or any other contaminants. Any damaged surfaces must be fully repaired prior to application. Please note: your surface must be completely dry before application of this product, it cannot be applied on wet or damp surfaces.
Whilst a primer is typically unnecessary, highly porous/friable surfaces may require the use of a primer before coating with this product. We advise an inspection be carried out an adhesion test on any existing porous surface or substrate prior to application of the coating.
Surface Preparation with Geotextile Tape
All joints, seams, cracks, vents, etc must be bridged with Geo fabric, as per the instructions. All joints, e.g. of torch-on membrane, sheet metal, vertical and horizontal transitions, must be additionally reinforced with Geotextile at a 10-15 cm width.
Application of Geotextile Tape
Geotextile tape is embedded into the wet liquid rubber coating avoiding creasing. Adjacent lengths of the reinforcement must overlap by 75mm. Finish with one coat of liquid rubber waterproof coating to seal the tape. Apply Geotextile tape:
- to all areas which can be bonded.
- must be used on all upstands, curves, skylight bases and rainwater outlets.
- must be used on all gutter expansion joints.
- must be used on all repaired areas.
Do not apply below 2°C or in freezing conditions. Application temperature should ideally be between 5°C-25°C.
1. Ensure that the surface you're working with is completely dry before application.
2. Stir the product thoroughly before use, ensuring that it is uniform throughout.
3. Begin applying the coating to your surface, using either a brush or a roller as you would a normal layer of paint.
4. One layer should be sufficient, but do inspect the final product before considering any further required coats.
5. Leave to fully cure. This should take up to 8 hours or overnight depending on temperature and conditions. A full cure usually takes up to 7 days.
• This product is NOT self levelling.
• Not for use on: tanking, fishponds, lead, plastisol coated substrates or internal use.
• Please note: all Resincoat Bundles are sold as complete sets, individual units may not be returned or refunded.
• Product can be cleaned with white spirit and a cloth.