Resincoat Metallic Epoxy Countertop Kit is ideal for homeowners to create stunning, unique designs transforming any existing surface. Use our kit to coat directly over countertops, kitchen islands and other surfaces to create stunning marble effects and attractive metallic surfaces. The kit is easy to install and is a cost effective method for DIY users to achieve a high quality, professional finish.
Warning: Last items in stock!
|Thickness||600-800 microns per thick single coat|
|Substrates||Existing countertop surfaces, other smooth, flat surfaces|
|Drying Time||8-12 hours per coat|
|Technical Data||Scratch resistant, UV Stable|
|Applications||Countertops, bars, kitchen islands|
Resincoat Metallic Epoxy Countertop Kit has been specially formulated for smaller surfaces such as worktops and kitchen counters to create a unique, eye catching finish. Two colour options allow you to to create a design that will blend seamlessly into your existing setting. To create a truly bespoke effect, you have the option of the following colour ratios 50:50, 60:40, 70:30, 80:20. Simply choose a base colour, accent colour and then which ratio you would like to use. More base colour and less accent colour will create a more subtle effect, whilst a 50-50 split could create bolder effects. This cost effective solution is cheaper than granite and marble surfaces yet offers a stunning high quality metallic or marble effect. The smooth high gloss finish exudes elegance allowing you to create truly unique designs and patterns that are certain to turn the head of any guest.
Perfect for homeowners and DIY enthusiast the metallic coating is easy to install. Coat directly over solid surfaces, laminate, recycled glass, wood, granite and other surfaces to create natural looking stone or marble designs. Metallic systems are great for kitchen countertops or islands creating stunning centre pieces. They can also be used for dining tables, sink tops and other surfaces. Boasting a highly durable design this system will last for many years.
This kit includes per 1.25m²:
• 0.3kg Resincoat Metallic Base Coat in complimentary colour
• 1kg Resincoat Clear Epoxy
• 25g Resincoat Metallic Pigment (Please choose your colour ratios in the drop down box when placing your order).
• 0.3kg polyurethane UVR Top Coat
*Please note metallic pigment is supplied pre mixed with Part A epoxy
Before applying our metallic coating ensure surface is perfectly smooth. We would strongly advise that you cover all other surfaces and flooring with protective sheets to ensure no damage. We also recommend you wipe the surface with white spirit to ensure good adhesion.
Before applying our coating your surface must be:
• Dry – no wet areas
• Clean and dust free– containments removed
• Smooth but open - surface etched
• Structurally sound – all cracks and damages repaired
We advise when applying this product the ambient temperature is at least 7 degrees ensuring there will be no precipitation in the area for a 12 hour period following application
1. Apply Resincoat base coat to the surface using a roller
2. Leave up to 24 hours to fully cure
3. The metallic pigment and part A come premixed but pigment may settle, mix part A slowly but thoroughly and leave to stand 10min before slowly adding part B for colour 1
4. Pour content completely across your surface in a decorative pattern (allow the paint to run down the side to ensure all areas are covered however please ensure other surfaces, units and flooring is protected).
5. Repeat step 3 for colour 2 and pour your second colour completely across your surface in a decorative pattern
6. Use a roller and squeegee to create your pattern evenly distributing the product across your surface *Please note this is not the only way to apply, please call our technical team for advice on other techniques
7. Cure for 24 hours or when not tacky to touch
8. Apply Resincoat polyurethane UVR top coat with a roller
Please note: you may wish to further sand down in between coats for the ultra-smooth finish. Please refer to the datasheet for additional advice on application.
For more information on colour options or technical detail we recommend calling us on 0113 827 2387 or using our live chat.