Premium Acrylic Resin Block Paving Sealer
Resincoat acrylic resin block paving sealer is a premium formulation designed to protect and seal your driveway, preventing moss and weed growth. Formulated by our chemists, the sealer boasts an eco-friendly design that is solvent free, making it animal and wildlife friendly. The application of this sealer can prevent and greatly reduce dirt build up and is resistant to oil spills and water damage prolonging the lifespan of your driveway. Sealing your driveway will help with the overall maintenance of your block paving, leading to significant long-term savings as well as reducing interim maintenance.
The formula works by sealing the pores to prevent dirt and soaks into the kiln-dried sand, binding the sand, creating a barrier to prevent the growth of weeds and moss. It also protects the paving face from oil and water infiltration offering a professional looking finish that will remain looking good for years to come. For best results we recommend joints to be repointed with kiln-dried sand before use of this product.
Please see below for coverage rates. If you are coating a large area and would like expert advice, please call our team who will be happy to assist you.
5 Litre: 20-25m² (depending on the porosity of the surface)
Please note: the above coverage rates are per coat, in most cases we advise 2 coats, especially if painting on cements posts or gravel boards.
You will want to ensure your driveway is thoroughly cleaned. Use a stiff broom to to remove any large debris and loose or flaking material. Ensure the surface is 100% dry and free from any contamination before application. If desired you may then wish to use a jet wash or pressure washer to rinse the surface clean of all loose dirt, sand, and grit. Once complete, leave the surface to thoroughly dry.
Once the surface is dry you can begin to repoint your block paving applying a kiln-dried sand. Use this product directly from the bag scattering it throughout your driveway then use a wide, soft brush to gently brush it in to your paving joints. Do not apply if there is a chance of rain.
1. Stir the paint thoroughly before use.
2. Apply your first coat with a brush or roller (start at the corner of painting area and working inwards). Please note: the paint should be applied thinly.
3. Leave to dry for between 4 to 6 hours.
4. Apply your second coat (two coats are recommended).
5. If you have paint remaining, the tin can be re-sealed and stored for further use.
6. Do not drive on the surface for 24 hours after last coat.
Spray Gun application:
1. Stir the product thoroughly, before pouring contents into your chosen spray gun. This product does not need diluting. Refer to the sprayer user guide for full instructions before every use.
2. Cover any nearby surfaces in case of overspray. Any overspray should be cleaned up immediately (whilst still wet) with water and household detergent.
3. Resincoat Block Paving Sealer should be touch dry within 4 hours. Once coat 1 has been applied, leave to dry for 4 to 6 hours and repeat for coat 2 if required.
4. Do not drive on the surface for 24 hours after last coat.
Please note: When working with Resincoat Block Paving Sealer, it is possible for you to wash your tools, brushes and rollers with warm, soapy water once you have completed your project.
Once applied ensure the floor is not subject to any contamination as this could cause the coating to fail.
Be advised: Do not apply the product in damp, humid or extreme temperatures.