The fast cure garage floor paint bundle is ideal for customers who are looking for a rapid cure time and is great for jobs during colder months. You can return your garage to full service within 24 - 36 hours. This kit contains a quick cure primer & 2 coats of our quick cure epoxy garage floor paint. The rapid cure time allows you to complete the job same day, as opposed to our standard bundles which take up to 3 days.
Incredibly easy to apply the formula uses the highest quality epoxy resin proudly manufactured in the UK. All our resin products are manufactured in our West Yorkshire factory, offering high quality performance and durability. The bundle is offered in a great choice of colours, providing a stylish, high gloss finish to your floor. Our epoxy resin is incredibly hardwearing, up to 5 x thicker than standard garage floor paints.
Included in the Kit:
- 1 Coat Fast Cure Primer
- 2 Coats Fast Cure Epoxy
- Roller Frame
- Paint Scuttle
- Mixing Paddle
- Roller Sleeves
- Paint Brushes
- Pair of Disposable Gloves
Please note: These are relative quantities and the product amounts are dependent on your selected coverage.
Old paint finishes should be removed if flaking at all and the surface should be sanded to create a texture (also known as a mechanical key) prior to applying Fast Cure Garage Floor Paint Bundle. When preparing for a floor coat, doing so mechanically (shot-blasting or grinding) is always advisable for best results, but if that is not possible then sanding the area or our Etch and Clean is a good alternative. After the surface has been completely abraded, thoroughly sweep and vacuum the area of any remaining dust or contaminants. For more information on preparation, please see technical data sheet.
Please note: Etch and Clean is only suitable for use on bare concrete.
We advise when applying this product the ambient temperature is at least 7°C.
1. Mix Part A of the primer on its own with a mixing paddle, attached to an electric drill, for about 1 minute. Once mixed, add ALL of Part B and continue to mix for another 90 seconds, keeping the paddle in suspension to avoid mixing air into the unit.
2. Pour entirety of the tin's contents into a plastic paint scuttle or tray.
3. Immediately begin applying your primer (or paint) with a nylon-bonded resin suitable roller.
4. Use a brush around the edges to cut in (a second pair of hands can be useful for this stage).
5. As soon as the primer (or paint) has started curing (is no longer tacky to touch) you can apply your first coat of paint; this should take 4 hours.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 for your first coat of fast cure epoxy garage floor paint. This time, waiting for 5-8 hours before applying a second coat, however, the paint cures a lot faster at an ambient temperature of 20°C (2.5 hours).
7. The cured final coat is ok for foot traffic. Cars and heavy objects, however, should be left off the new coating for the first 48 hours and chemicals, including water, should not be introduced for the first 7 days (Full chemical cure).
PLEASE NOTE: The pot life of this product is 20 minutes. This means that once parts have been mixed, the paint will start to chemically cure after this time. Ensure you remove the paint from the tin in this window. The paint will then be workable on your floor for up to 40 minutes.
Pot life = Time to harden in pot following addition of hardener
Working Time = Time to apply product before it becomes unworkable
• Roller sleeves should be used once per coat, two coats will require two roller sleeves.
• Please note: direct sunlight may cause the coating to discolour, for areas exposed to sunlight we recommend the use of our Polyaspartic Fast Cure Coating.
• This product should NOT be split. Taking smaller quantities from each tin, even if measured correctly, may cause issues with activating.
• This product is NOT self levelling.
• Please note: all Resincoat Bundles are sold as complete sets, individual units may not be returned or refunded.