Resincoat Asphalt Crack Repair is the ideal solution to filling holes in damaged tarmacs, asphalts and bitumen surfaces. The product will set stronger than concrete and fill cracks up to 2cm deep. For larger holes please view our Heavy-Duty Asphalt Repair Mortar. This product has good slip-resistant properties making it usable for roads and areas which are subject to traffic from heavy vehicles. The product is most suitable as a pourable application, curing to extremely high strengths.
Please see below for coverage rates. If you are coating a large area and would like expert advice, please call our team who will be happy to assist you.
1kg: Will cover a maximum of 6 metres at a depth and width of 12mm
Before use of this product we recommend the area should be vacuumed to remove any loose material or existing debris which could cause the epoxy formula to set unevenly. If the crack is large enough a wire brush should be used to clean out the crack. For a clean application angle grind the crack to achieve a better look, if you suspect the crack runs the complete depth of the epoxy add some kiln dried silica sand to the bottom of the crack to create a bund.
We advise when applying this product the ambient temperature is at least 7°C.
1. Pour 100% of Part B into the Resincoat Asphalt Crack Repair Part A tin. Thoroughly mix using a drill and paddle for a minimum of 90 seconds, until a uniform colour and texture is achieved.
2. Pour the formula into the crack, distributing it slowly and evenly as you go until the crack is filled.
3. Once filled, allow 12-24 hours for the epoxy to fully cure.
PLEASE NOTE: The pot life of this product is 20 minutes. This means that once parts have been mixed, the paint will start to chemically cure after this time. Ensure you remove the paint from the tin in this window. The paint will then be workable on your floor for up to 30-40 minutes.
Pot life = Time to harden in pot following addition of hardener
Working Time = Time to apply product before it becomes unworkable
• This product should NOT be split. Taking smaller quantities from each tin, even if measured correctly, may cause issues with activating.
• Please note: the formula is also suitable for use with a pressure injection though this may differ on a case by case basis. Should you require further information please call our technical team on 0330 0570 695.