Resincoat Epoflow Self Levelling Screed creates a seamlessly level, smooth gloss paint finish. Available in multiple colours. Typical installations include exhibition areas, museums, industrial units, schools, retail outlets and more.
Please see below for coverage rates. If you are coating a large area and would like expert advice, please call our team who will be happy to assist you.
8.5m2 at 2mm thickness
6.8m2 at 2.5mm thickness
5.7m2 at 3mm thickness
To apply, ensure the starting surface is clean, dry and completely free of contamination. It is critical to prime the surface to seal it fully before you begin. Due to the impact on the finished result, for a perfectly level finish we advise to prime twice. A general system would be two coats of a relevant and suitable primer for your substrate:
1. The floor must be primed using an applicable epoxy primer (see "Priming" section below). For example, if you are applying to new concrete, we recommend two coats of Damp Tolerant Primer. If the floor is oil contaminated, you should use one coat of Oil Tolerant Primer followed by a coat of Standard Epoxy Primer.
2. It is important to seal the concrete fully as the epoflow system is very epoxy rich and if applied to insufficiently sealed concrete, the concrete may absorb some of the resin which could potentially leave an uneven finished result.
3. Once your primer has fully cured, you can begin applying Epoflow Self Levelling Screed.
• For new concrete floors or floors in good condition, prime with Resincoat Damp Tolerant Primer
• For dusty, old or weaker floors prime with Resincoat Deep Penetrating Primer
• For greasy floors with heavy oil residue clean thoroughly using a suitable degreaser scraping off any dust or dirt and then prime with Resincoat Oil Tolerant Primer
1. Resincoat Epoflow Self Levelling Screed should be applied no longer than 24 hours after the primer has cured or is dry to the touch.
2. Mix Part A on its own with a mixing paddle, attached to an electric drill, for about 2 minutes. Once mixed, add ALL of Part B and continue to mix for another 2 minutes, keeping the paddle in suspension to avoid mixing air into the unit. Finally, add Part C over the course of 3 minutes, mixing thoroughly to create a consistent product.
3. The mixed unit of Resincoat Epoflow Self Levelling Screed must be applied immediately and with a consistent, thorough coating method. Start by pouring the product evenly in a thin line across the prepared area (the line should be approximately 400mm wide).
4. Spread the product evenly using a suitable trowel or pin rake.
5. Immediately follow this process by rolling with a spiked roller, moving down the floor towards exits and repeating the process until complete.
6. Leave to cure for up to 48 hours before it can be trafficked on. A full chemical cure should be achieved after 7 days.
PLEASE NOTE: The pot life of this product is 15 minutes. This means that once parts have been mixed, the product will start to chemically cure after this time. Ensure you remove the compound from the tin in this window. The paint will then be workable on your floor for a further 30 minutes.
Pot life = Time to harden in pot following addition of hardener
Working Time = Time to apply product before it becomes unworkable