Resincoat penny floor epoxy is a clear heavy duty Epoxy Resin ideal for creating coin cast flooring or penny floor designs. The epoxy resin will set clear with a smooth, attractive finish which really brings out the coins underneath. This formula is designed to provide very good abrasion resistance whilst being tough enough to undergo high levels of traffic.
Warning: Last items in stock!
|Appearance||Smooth gloss industrial paint finish|
|Composition||Solvent free industrial floor paint of medium viscosity.|
|Durability||High industrial strength|
|Substrates||Concrete, metals and asphalts etc|
|Ambient Temperature||During application 7 degrees minimum is recommended.|
|Drying Time||24 hrs|
|Product Components||Resin and Activator|
|Coverage||3sqm @ 1mm thick per 5kg unit|
|Typical Installations||Painting industrial floors, warehousing, toilets, food preparation areas, garages, engineers stores etc|
This high quality epoxy penny floor system allows you to get creative with your floor offering a totally unique design. Customers have the choice of pennies, coins or similar to create a striking focal point. The coin can be positioned to create decorative patterns and designs ideal for any kitchen floor, bathroom floor or in any industrial or commercial setting. All our resin is manufactured in the UK to the highest standard offering a high quality finish ensuring your floor will last for many years.
Our 100% clear epoxy is exceptionally hard wearing boasting industrial strength. It can successfully withstand heavy foot and vehicle traffic due to its resilience and durability. It is also oil & chemical resistant protecting your concrete floor ensuring no liquid can seep through damaging your concrete.
Please see below for coverage rates. If you are coating a large area and would like expert advice please call our team who will be happy to assist you.
5kg: 17 – 20m²
Before applying our penny floor epoxy we advise that you vacuum the area. Old paint finishes should be removed if flaking at all and if well bonded abraded sanded to create texture prior to applying the paint.
Please see below for the best primer for your floor:
• For new concrete floors prime with Resincoat Damp Tolerant Primer
• For dusty or old floors prime with Resincoat Deep Penetrating Primer
• For weak concrete floors prime with Resincoat Stabilising Primer
• For greasy floors with oil residue clean thoroughly scraping off any dust or dirt and prime with Resincoat Oil Tolerant Primer
Please note these instructions are a guideline for further assistance please call our team on 0113 827 2387.
1. Run a line of adhesive on your surface and begin applying the pennies
2. Continue to do this until you have laid all the pennies
3. Use grout and a squeegee to cover all the pennies
4. Push the grout in to the gaps between the coins
5. Clean off any excess and leave to fully dry
6. For a penny floor the maximum depth of resin is 2mm
7. Pour 100% of your part B tin in to part A
8. Mix thoroughly making sure not to introduce too much air
9. Pour the resin on to the pennies using a squeegee to distribute it evenly
10. Allow to fully cure (usually 7 days). Light traffic after 24 hours (or when touch dry) heavier traffic after 3 days (careful not to drag anything across the surface).
Please note: The pot life of this product is 20 minutes. This is not to be confused with working time. Resincoat HB has a working time of approximately 30-40 minutes dependant on ambient temperature.
Pot life = Time to harden in pot following addition of hardener
Working Time = Time to apply product before becoming unworkable
• This product is NOT UV stable therefore will discolour when exposed to sunlight. Please coat with Resincoat UVR coating for a UV stable finish.
• This product can NOT be split. Taking smaller quantities from each tin, even if measured correctly, may cause issues with activating. The resin formula is chemically manufactured to work efficiently and effectively based on the exact amounts supplied in full tins for parts A & B.