Our fast cure epoxy garage floor paint is perfect for time-critical jobs, meaning minimal downtime and less disruption. The rapid 2.5 hour cure time (at 20°C) allows you to install a three-coat system (primer, followed by 2 coats of epoxy floor paint) in 1 day. The epoxy is available in a great choice of colour options and can be used with our anti-slip additives. Ideal for both DIYers, commercial floors, installers & more this coating boasts an incredibly durable design that will last for many years.
Our fast cure epoxy formula has been proudly manufactured and tested by us, in the UK, for guaranteed quality and performance. This product is solvent-free and possesses exceptional abrasion and chemical resistant. Ideal for areas subject to heavy machinery or vehicle traffic the epoxy is exceptionally hard wearing whilst offering a high gloss finish.
Please see below approximate cure times at varying temperatures, in comparison with our non-fast cure Garage Floor Paint
|Resincoat Fast Cure Epoxy Garage Floor Paint
||Resincoat Epoxy Garage Floor Paint
|Touch dry (20°C) - 150 minutes
||Touch dry (20°C) - 8-12 Hours
|Touch dry (10°C) - 5-8 hours
||Touch dry (10°C) - 16-24 hours
|Hard cure (20°C) - 10-12 hours
||Hard cure (20°C) - 12-24 hours
|Hard cure (10°C) - 18-24 hours
||Hard cure (10°C) - 24-48 hours
Lowest temperature: 7°C with extended cure time
Please see below for coverage rates. If you are coating a large area and would like expert advice, please call our team who will be happy to assist you.
Please note: the above coverage rates are per coat, in most cases we advise 2 coats.
Old paint finishes should be removed if flaking at all and the surface should be sanded to create a texture (also known as a mechanical key) prior to applying Resincoat Fast Cure Epoxy Garage Floor Paint. When preparing for a floor coat, doing so mechanically (shot-blasting or grinding) is always advisable for best results, but if that is not possible then sanding the area or our Etch and Clean is a good alternative. After the surface has been completely abraded, thoroughly sweep and vacuum the area of any remaining dust or contaminants. For more information on preparation, please see technical data sheet.
Please note: Etch and Clean is only suitable for use on bare concrete.
• For new concrete floors or floors in good condition, prime with Resincoat Damp Tolerant Primer
• For dusty, old or weaker floors prime with Resincoat Deep Penetrating Primer
• For greasy floors with heavy oil residue clean thoroughly using a suitable degreaser scraping off any dust or dirt and then prime with Resincoat Oil Tolerant Primer
• For even faster results, pair this with our Resincoat Fast Cure Epoxy Primer
We advise when applying this product the ambient temperature is at least 7°C.
1. Mix Part A on its own with a mixing paddle attached to an electric drill for about 1 minute before adding ALL of Part B and continue to mix for another 90 seconds, keeping the paddle in suspension to avoid mixing air into the unit.
2. Pour entirety of the tin's contents into a plastic paint scuttle or tray.
3. Immediately begin applying your paint with a nylon-bonded resin suitable roller.
4. Use a brush around the edges to cut in (a second pair of hands can be useful for this stage).
5. As soon as the first coat has started curing (is no longer tacky to touch) you can re-coat; this should take 5-8 hours.
6. The cured final coat is ok for foot traffic. Cars and heavy objects, however, should be left off the new coating for the first 24 hours and chemicals including water should not be introduced for the first 7 days (Full chemical cure).
PLEASE NOTE: The pot life of this product is 20 minutes. This means that once parts have been mixed, the paint will start to chemically cure after this time. Ensure you remove the paint from the tin in this window. The paint will then be workable on your floor for up to 30 minutes.
Pot life = Time to harden in pot following addition of hardener
Working Time = Time to apply product before it becomes unworkable
• Roller sleeves should be used once per coat, two coats will require two roller sleeves.
• This product is NOT UV stable therefore can discolour when exposed to regular sunlight. For areas with plenty of repeated sunlight, please coat with a coloured UVR coating such as Resincoat Chemical Resistant UVR Floor Coating for a UV stable finish.
• This product should NOT be split. Taking smaller quantities from each tin, even if measured correctly, may cause issues with activating.
• This product is NOT self levelling.
• If you require a clear epoxy coating visit our clear epoxy product here.